Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Goto- All About Color, Real Color Wheel in a new window

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)    
Asima w/c (Read 3383 times)
Reply #6 - Oct 4th, 2003 at 8:41pm

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Color is Everything!
Makawao,  Maui, USA, HI

Which graphic program do you have?

Can you set the print out size and resolution in your scanner from 300 dpi to 72 dpi? If not you have to do it in a graphics program. Open the image, open the image information, that's where you change it.

Your scanner makes the web image at 300 ppi, that's a printing resalution. We are not printing. The web needs 72 ppi. it's equal equal to 72 dpi on your scanner.

First change it to 72 dpi/ppi from 300.
Now change the dementions, change only the width, the hight will be automaic. A tall picture should be 400 ppi wide.

Naming and filing your your uploaded image in my files is advanced, but this will help your filing system, you need a filing system by names with information.

If you would name the the images you want to upload like this, it will help my filing system. 
Leave no spaces in the name of the jpg.
Your name first, date, picture name and width in ppi.
asima100403lily1-400.jpg
Send me your image by email first, don't post it here yet.

Check the box below, Notify of Replys after new posts.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Oct 4th, 2003 at 7:56pm

Asima   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I love to paint!

Don,
I have used these colors
FIRST PAINTING: yellow 5,  Red-violet 41, Black 34, Green9.

SECOND PAINTING: Yellow5. Orange6,  Red-orange 36,
Black34, Green9

Don I have used black pigment to get the effect of shadow on the petals. One thing that I am not able to do right is the shadow effect (as you can see in the above paintings). Could you please give me some tips for the same. Thanks and I greatly appreciate your effort.

asima
PS: When i scan my paintings i save them as .jpg files. Could you please tell me how to reduce the file size.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Oct 3rd, 2003 at 8:44pm

DonJ   Offline
YaBB Moderator
Color is Everything!
Maui, USA, HI, Hawaii

Hi Asima,

That's much better, not using white paint and using the paper instead.

If you get a watercolor paper, 150# or 300# the paper won't wrinkle. 300# is best.

You are not using any black pigment are you? Would you give me the complete list of all your pigments.

Just click the Reply word under this post.

Don

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Oct 3rd, 2003 at 8:31pm

Asima   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I love to paint!

Second painting.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Oct 3rd, 2003 at 8:26pm

Asima   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I love to paint!

hi, sir, this 2 water colour painting is done by me.right now iam working on  lily flower painting.Is this painting require some improvement? so that i will correct the mistake in next paintings.
bye.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Sep 25th, 2003 at 6:01am

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Color is Everything!
Makawao,  Maui, USA, HI

Hi Asima,

You asked me to comment on your painting.
Many many things are right, your drawing is accurate.

The whole painting done without showing the drawing lines to define shapes, good.

It's a very clean and intense painting. It would have to be considered a tempera painting because of the opaque white used. Watercolors use the white paper as white.

Perhaps you can work on painting transparently. It's harder but a much higher type of painting. Of course for that you need transparent pigments.

Don

IP Logged

Sep 25th, 2003 at 5:52am

Asima   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I love to paint!

hi sir, this water color painting is done by me.what r ur views i am not good at highlighting areas. i am totally new in painting world.sir can u send me some floral painting.url painting with tips r more helping .can u send me some more painting tips.

IP Logged