Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Goto- All About Color, Real Color Wheel in a new window

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)    
Elin, Horse-artist (Read 5474 times)
Reply #2 - Sep 27th, 2003 at 4:25am

KarenD   Offline
YaBB Newbies
USA

Elin:  I especially like your use of colour and the liveliness of your brushwork.  You may consider yourself a "horse artist", but you have a way with trees, also!

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Sep 25th, 2003 at 8:32am

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Color is Everything!
Makawao,  Maui, USA, HI

Hi Elin, Thanks for posting, you are very good and fast. Your contrasts are really make it nice to look at. And I like your blured background and shadow colors.
Don

IP Logged

Sep 25th, 2003 at 8:10am

Horse-artist   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Made it. I've felt like a lost kid in a superstore, not having the Painting on Location group around...
Here's one of the most recent on location paintings.

At the Santa Rosa Ecological Preserve near Murrieta, CA, on a Friday afternoon. 12 x 16, oil. Painted in about 1.5 hours, as a demonstration piece for my students (I'm so fortunate to be able to teach a college-level painting on location class!). Now I'll bookmark this list and visit often!

Here's the painting I started at 11:30 and finished by 1:45, up at the Idyllwild mountain Plein Air day on Saturday (Sept 6). It came in second in the competition, which was a nice perk.

The title is "Two Hitched", and these horses were brought up to the center of town and parked in the trees behind the square. ...

IP Logged