Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Goto- All About Color, Real Color Wheel in a new window

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)    
Pastel novice (Read 1593 times)
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2003 at 3:01am

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Color is Everything!
Makawao,  Maui, USA, HI

Hi Brownie,
Well you know those dark colors you only get one of in a box? I think they might make it worthwhile, it only takes a night to make a couple of colors.
But I know what you mean.
Right now I'm into making some watercolors that are eatable. Six colors that can paint everything in front of you, for kids in school.
Let's see one of your pastels.

IP Logged

Dec 7th, 2003 at 11:52pm

Brownie   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I have recently edged into pastels by default from the life drawing studio I have been attending.  First it was charcoal on newsprint, which I have always disliked, then found Conte's 4 skin colors and a white pastel and added that to the charcoal.  That appeased me for a bit, but then tried colored papers, now just bought Nupastels.  I also use some soft pastels as well, but the Nupastels are so much easier for me to see the colors that I think that was the biggest draw. 
  Then I have found Conte pastel pencils which are useful for those places where a sharp edge is useful... 
  I didn't even mean to start on this pastel journey, but so far I like it better than I would have thought.  It is much easier to carry my supplies when using pastels than oil or acrylic, but I do carry the spray for pastels which the "purists" seem to think is blasphemy! 
  Don, I would no more make my own pastels than  build my own car.  There just isn't enough time in life!  Brownie

IP Logged