Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Goto- All About Color, Real Color Wheel in a new window

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)    
Choosing Brands of Paint (Read 6807 times)
Reply #3 - Apr 2nd, 2005 at 9:49am

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Color is Everything!
Makawao,  Maui, USA, HI

Hi Pamela,

About Bellini Lead Yellow.
Sennelier may have a lead or lead-tin yellow.
The color itself is very opaque and pale. I'm glad I still have a tube of Bellini's left. Cad Lemon yellow and white will come close. Grumbacher Cadmium Barium Yellow Pale and white will come closer.

Go here and scroll down to the Interactive Real Color Wheel Matching Tube Pigment Colors in RGB and YMC.
http://www.realcolorwheel.com/1location.htm
You can click the radio buttons and see the differences of the colors.
Belleni is out of business, Permenant Pigments is Liquitex and that line may be gone also. Bocour is gone, all the good ones are gone.

Carbozle Dioxazine Purple or Grumbacher Thalo Purple all are the same pigment. PV15 is the Pigment Color Index Number, that is how you should really search and buy colors, brand names really don't mean much.

Yes it is listed as Mussini Opaque Green Light.

Some W/N colors are too far off, Their cyan is a red side if I remember right. Grumbacher has a great cyan, Thalo blue.

This is another good pigment page, it has the Pigment Index numbers.
http://www.realcolorwheel.com/RCWDS.htm

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Apr 2nd, 2005 at 4:10am

Pamela   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I am ordering my paints tonight...I am not finding the Green from the color list on the palette...it is listed as Mussini Opaque Green Light...is there more to the name, it from the list Left top?

(Admin) Mussini Opaque Green Light is the whole name, it's a good cool tinted color, you should have it. It goes with Permanent Green light by W/N, which is an opaque warm green tint.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Apr 2nd, 2005 at 3:39am

Pamela   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

New Question?  Is Liquitex still making oils?  I did a search and didn't find them...if not, what brand should I substitute for the Diox. Purple on the palette list?
Thanks, Pamela

IP Logged

Apr 2nd, 2005 at 3:27am

Pamela   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I have looked on the internet and can't find the color Bellini Lead Yellow....any suggestions???  Also, I have primarily used the Windsor Newton line of oils...it appears that the colors may vary from brand to brand...some quiet a bit.  I plan on adding the colors in the brands suggested here for my new palette, can I use my W/N tubes using a simular plan for the color wheel until I use them up?
Thanks, Pamela

IP Logged