Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Goto- All About Color, Real Color Wheel in a new window

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)    
Greatest Short Chisel Brush series made today (Read 3329 times)
Nov 22nd, 2006 at 10:05pm

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Color is Everything!
Makawao,  Maui, USA, HI

The Series of brushes with a round ferrule with a chisel end are the second basic style of brushes. First the pointed end, then the flat end.  The two ways brushes were made since the first brushes were made.

And there isn't a good flat chisel end brush to be bought anywhere. The lettering Series with longer hair to pull a straight line are available from the lettering sites, but not the shorter stocker brush that can change directions and still fill the mark. It can square in corners and takes less paint to change colors then longer floppier sizes. This is very sad, artists don't realize that they need these brushes, they are just taking what they are given, 2005.

This style of brush is used in every painting I do. These are my finishing brushes and they are 20 years old. I am getting desperate to replace them. They haven't been made since Mr. Langnickel died in 1980 or so.

6-13-06, I found a chisel brush supplier, Short Chisel Brushes Series 8B, 1-800-322-5254, brushes@att.net

KALISH FINEST BRUSHES, make the finest brushes in the world.
On 6-13-06 I got an email from a girl reading how I was searching the world to replace my Langnickle "Shorty" Series brushes. The only ones left were in my working collection. She sent me to Kalish Finest Brushes. Wow, I was impressed and ordered their Kolinsy Series 8A Lettering Brushes. I agree, they are the finest in the world. I asked him to make a series that were shorter, stiffer and fuller, using my existing brushes as samples and he made them.

On 7-3-06 Harry Kalish called me saying he had and was sending me my brushes. This brush series is now called Series 8B SHORT CHISEL. I can't wait to test them.

11-22-6, Kalish Kolinski Sable Short Chisel Brushes. The Series 8B is complete, #1 to #8. They are perfect! I tested them all today and am proud and very happy.

http://home.att.net/~brushes/Kolinsky.htm#T12

IP Logged