Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Goto- All About Color, Real Color Wheel in a new window

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)    
Transparent Yellow W/C 12RCW (Read 8830 times)
Reply #1 - Dec 28th, 2012 at 11:16pm

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Color is Everything!
Makawao,  Maui, USA, HI

Thanks for your 3 Transparent Primaries Christmas Card SylviaW. I could have sworn I posted it already in time for Christmas 2012. I came to this Thread because the "News" headline told me to and it wasn't here. So I posted it. I got a warning that a file by that name was already posted somewhere.. so I changed the name a little.

Here is your original Email:
Hi Don

Now I am back in UK the light is apalling ! Perhaps I can do some studies in grey because for days now I have hardly seen blue sky from my study window.

I am busy getting a painting kit ready for my Grand-daughter’s present – I want to keep it simple but give her good materials to start with so she can get going on having fun with 3 colours.

The first thing my younger grandchildren ask when they come to visit is can they paint – I keep their supplies in a kitchen drawer then they can set up right in the kitchen and not worry about mess. For longer stints they move out into the conservatory where the light is better and they can see into the garden. I have great hopes they will continue to have fun discovering colours.

Here is the picture I made for my Christmas card this year

IP Logged

Nov 21st, 2012 at 9:52pm

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Color is Everything!
Makawao,  Maui, USA, HI

SylviaW ordered the 3 transparent primary palette, downloaded a blank 12 color colorwheel and painted it in. Thanks Sylvia, it looks good. Every color can be made with the real primaries.

10-31-12
Thank you so much for your comments. I had trouble trying to get the 100/50% mixes - I tend to rush at things & not review what I've done in the excitement. I should have been more organized and taken my time!
Tomorrow is another day................
Sylvia

11-3-12, Hi Don
I hope this is better - The reds seem to be the most difficult to get the colour and density right but I will keep trying
Sylvia
These pictures were sent with Picasa, from Google.

IP Logged