Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Goto- All About Color, Real Color Wheel in a new window

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)    
Sharon, Whaleback Light (Read 4740 times)
Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2004 at 4:45pm

Sharon   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Suddenly possessed by
The Muse!
Derry, USA, usa, 516, 77, NH, New_Hampshire

Thanks, Don.  The .jpg doesn't really do the sky justice - the clouds are actually more pink than they appear in the .jpg and the painting is a bit prettier in person.
I'll get the colors you suggest and give them a try.  I've got thalo blue in my acrylic craft paints, haven't added it to my watercolor palette as yet.
Sharon

Sharon&&Visit my website to see what's new!&&http://www.sharonallen.us
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2004 at 9:37am

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Color is Everything!
Makawao,  Maui, USA, HI

Thisis what I like to see Sharon, nice going.
Suggestion: Use Magenta PR122 or PV19, the opposite of Thalo green to darken them.
Drop the dirty alixarin crimson and hooker's green for the purer quinacradon magenta's and Thalos.
I like your sky very much.

IP Logged

Jan 22nd, 2004 at 2:25am

Sharon   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Suddenly possessed by
The Muse!
Derry, USA, usa, 516, 77, NH, New_Hampshire

I painted this at Fort Foster, Kittery Point, ME in late August, 2003.  The lighthouse is in Portsmouth Harbor, 1/2 way between ME and NH and is fairly distant from the Fort.  I'm basically happy with the piece, but think it could use a bit more DRAMA.  
Color palette was Cobalt blue, Alizarin Crimson, Naples yellow, CAD yellow, Hooker's Green, and Neutral, possibly Burnt Sienna, as well.
This was a bright, hot, breezy afternoon - I don't, as yet, have an umbrella to shade my easel and there were no trees to provide shade.  Getting accurate color values was tricky.
Suggestions?

Sharon&&Visit my website to see what's new!&&http://www.sharonallen.us
IP Logged