Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Goto- All About Color, Real Color Wheel in a new window

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)    
Wax and Mastic Painting #6 and #7 (Read 1574 times)
Reply #1 - May 30th, 2005 at 3:45am

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Color is Everything!
Makawao,  Maui, USA, HI

5-12-5, Thursday, 7:00 to 12:00. This is an 11x15 mastic and wax painting. 2 Days, 4 hours each.

I arrived on location at 6:30 this morning. It took about 4 minutes to set up because I'm painting from my drivers seat on the steering wheel. I pre-made a jig to hold my paintings at the right viewing and painting angle on the wheel. It holds my computer too, like right now, 4,500 feet up on the mountain working off my solar powered battery.

I put the road reflectors in and the curve turn sign.
I think I'm done. Caution! This is a scratchable medium.

IP Logged

May 30th, 2005 at 3:38am

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Color is Everything!
Makawao,  Maui, USA, HI

http://www.realcolorwheel.com/jacaranda2nd2005pg2.htm

5-10-5, Tuesday, 1:00 to 5:00. I did most of this paintings layout with an 1.5" black hair house painting brush, I want to pick up speed. Tomorrow afternoon, after the Kula Lodge Jacaranda painting, I'll add the branches of the foreground tree.

TIP: Schevening Blue Light is a strong tint of cyan hue. I used it in this sky.

5-11-5, I think I can finish tomorrow, a bristle fan brush and liner are helping a lot.
Well I thought I could finish today, I am having fun, and I just started another one just a mile away from here. No hurry..  Tomorrow I'll work on the tree branches and get my time right on the main tree. The suns position effects the color of the jacaranda.

IP Logged