Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Goto- All About Color, Real Color Wheel in a new window

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)    
Lynne's front porch fuscias (Read 7775 times)
Reply #5 - Jan 8th, 2006 at 3:22am

Lynne_E   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Denver metro area, USA, CO, Colorado

Thank you, Nance!  Thank you, Iris! As soon as I do another plein air, I'll post it!
Happy painting to all!
Lynne

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jan 7th, 2006 at 6:49pm
Iris Kesling   Guest

Cheesy  Very nicely done.  I love the soft colors, the background is excellent too.  ~ Iris

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jan 7th, 2006 at 4:46pm

nanc3333   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Rochester, USA, MN, Minnesota

Wow ...that is real  good...love the colors.....nance Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jan 7th, 2006 at 3:11pm

Lynne_E   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Hi Don,

Wow! Thanks so much for the high praise! You will no doubt notice that I'm using Real Color Wheel pigments -- your site and CD opened my eyes a few years ago so I could start "seeing" color and light in a way that appealed more to me than the traditional approaches I'd found in my previous struggles of self-teaching.

I'm in the process of reading the works of Charles Hawthorne and various students of Henry Hensche and painting color studies of still-life color blocks in a variety of indoor & outdor light settings in preparation for taking lessons from Colorado artist Chuck Ceraso (www.chuckceraso.com), who is a dedicated plein-air "impressionistic" style painter and beloved teacher in the styles of Hawthorne and Hensche here in the Denver area.

Trust me, if I lived on Maui I'd become one of your disciples in a heartbeat! I'll add it to my list of places I'd like to live if I can take an early retirement in a few years. I visited Maui back in the mid-90s -- charmed by the port of Lahaina!

I'll be enjoying your posts and painted masterpieces!
All my best,
Lynne

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jan 7th, 2006 at 11:10am

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Color is Everything!
Makawao,  Maui, USA, HI

You bet it counts Lynne,
You handled your washes and outlines beautifully.
You will go on to do great paintings.
Don

IP Logged

Jan 6th, 2006 at 10:12pm

Lynne_E   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Does a front porch count as Painting on Location?  Smiley

Here is a watercolor I did last summer while looking at a sprig of the fuscias in my hanging pots. I'm starting to take lessons in oil painting color studies and will be doing plein air oils in the near future. I've got my field easel and floppy-brim hat, so I'm ready!

~ Lynne

IP Logged