Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Goto- All About Color, Real Color Wheel in a new window

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)    
On Location with Oils (Read 7247 times)
Reply #5 - Jan 30th, 2006 at 6:37am

Bob_Abrahams   Offline
I LOVE TO PAINT OUTDOORS
Perth, Australia, australia, 307, 303

plein air 11"x14"

Warm regards &&Bob &&Australia
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jan 30th, 2006 at 5:45am

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Color is Everything!
Makawao,  Maui, USA, HI

Hi Elin, Bob,

The red ti cuts off the pool so I can't really tell.
I'd say in the winter months though, a small waterfall, pumping water.
Maybe the right fall at Twin Falls.
This is the earliest ti plant I have. Probably the early 80's. I date, number and log them, always have.

I stopped selling about 7 years ago.  I know anything I paint can be sold just as you will know, anything you paint can be sold. The rest is marketing. I'm thinking, sell giclees and keep the originals in the family.  I bought a plotter to print them.

My bio.
http://www.realcolorwheel.com/art2.htm

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jan 30th, 2006 at 4:36am
Elin Pendleton   Guest

I have been painting since I was a kid--way back when dirt was new and I was much younger!
  I was on Maui a few years ago and took my acrylics.  I painted this and I bet you can tell me exactly where it is... it was on location, too! 16 x 12 inches.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jan 30th, 2006 at 2:48am

Bob_Abrahams   Offline
I LOVE TO PAINT OUTDOORS
Perth, Australia, australia, 307, 303

I find it interesting comparing the two sunlit landscapes by Elin and Don.

Elin's is warm with the yellow orange colours of sunlight dominating and the greens subdued.

Don's colours are very intense almost pure with cool greens and violets  dominating, and no earth colours

Both paintings work well and are a joy to study. I wish I could do the same

Warm regards &&Bob &&Australia
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jan 30th, 2006 at 2:10am

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Color is Everything!
Makawao,  Maui, USA, HI

Nice going, thanks for posting Elin. Not many artists can paint a sunlit area in a shaded area on location. Painting everyday is the key. Take a week off and it takes 3 days to get sharp again. Just like tennis.

I did the same light and shadow area painting in copal and oil last June, 15x22. I shoot photos while I'm painting and than make a webpage.

One of the reasons I painted this subject was because the bush kinda looked like me painting this picture.

So how many years have you been painting?

IP Logged

Jan 29th, 2006 at 8:52pm
Elin Pendleton   Guest

I have been out on location painting, and thought I'd post this.  I do a painting a day, and this one was yesterday's.  I go to the Santa Rosa Preserve which is oak and grasslands, and yesterday I captured the evening light in this 10 x 20 inch oil. 
  I love to paint!  The daily paintings have been going on since October 12, and so far I haven't missed one.  Not all are on location, I do a lot of still life and material from photo references I take myself.
  I also have a mailing list of people interested in receiving the paintings.  It sure makes a responsibility to deliver a painting at the top of my chores!
  The attachment is the daily painting from January 26.  It's an acrylic, not an oil.  I have a color system I use that is easy to follow, and accurate the way the human eye perceives color, and it makes my work seem to "read right" to the viewer.  Snow is fun to paint!

la-06-027x.jpg (88 KB | )
la-06-027x.jpg
IP Logged