Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Goto- All About Color, Real Color Wheel in a new window

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)    
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_wheel is wrong (Read 1681 times)
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2009 at 8:57am

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Color is Everything!
Makawao,  Maui, USA, HI

Date: January 11, 2009 6:14:48 AM HST
To:   djusko@realcolorwheel.com

Bummer!!!      

You know, changing world thought has always been slow. A lot of information/MISinformation wasn't put directly into laymen's hands until the printing press. That in itself led, IN TIME, to the recognition and refinement of so many right ideas. Now the computer age has brought YOUR ideas to oh-so-many free thinkers who will examine, adopt, and further your work in ways you cannot guess and WILL NOT SEE!
You are lucky not to be imprisoned in the tower for heresy! Don't imprison yourself by frustration, etc.. You know you must simply keep on WORKING, which I'm sure you will.
Smiley- christy

IP Logged

Jan 11th, 2009 at 4:00am

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Color is Everything!
Makawao,  Maui, USA, HI

On Jan 10, 2009, at 1:37 PM, ChristyF wrote:

you can add your own changes to Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_wheel

Hi Christy,
I know my color wheel is right.
As I told you, Google has refused to include my colorwheel.htm in their rankings. But they can't stop the number of hits it gets from my links to it from other pages of mine. Last March it was listed and got 10,000 hits, then it disappeared from their rankings and there is no place to find the link to click on it. Last month it received only 5811 hits. Today the http://www.realcolorwheel.com/othercolorwheel.htm image is shown in it's place. I have no visible counter on that page but I do have an invisible one I pay for, it got 365 hits last month. That is tragically low but still it shows the image on the colorwheel search page in Googles Images as #1. They are messin with me I'm afraid. Because I go against their Wiki page.

This is what is on the Wiki Color_Wheel page.

A color wheel or color circle is an organization of color hues around a circle, showing relationships between colors considered to be primary colors, secondary colors, complementary colors, etc.

Artists typically use red, yellow, and blue primaries (RYB color model),
THEY ARE VERY WRONG HERE, RED, YELLOW AND BLUE ARE NOT EQUALLY SPACED AROUND THE COLOR WHEEL AND CAN NOT PRODUCE THE COLOR CYAN.
so these are arranged at three equally-spaced points around their color wheel.[1] Printers and others who use modern subtractive color methods and terminology use magenta,
THIS MAGENTA LINK HAS THIS MISINFORMATION "Magenta is a purplish red color THEY ARE VERY WRONG HERE, RED IS ON THE YELLOW SIDE OF MAGENTA AND VIOLET IS ON THE CYAN SIDE OF MAGENTA, PURPLE AND RED DO NOT MAKE A MAGENTA.
evoked by lights with less power in yellowish-green wavelengths than in blue and red wavelengths (complements of magenta have wavelength 500–530 nm).[1] In light experiments, magenta can be produced by removing the lime-green wavelengths from white light. It is an extra-spectral color, meaning it cannot be generated by a single wavelength of light, being a mixture of red and blue wavelengths." The name magenta comes from the dye magenta, commonly called fuchsine, discovered shortly after the 1859 Battle of Magenta near Magenta, Italy.
I WAS THE FIRST TO DISCOVER THIS FACT, AND MAGENTA WAS ALREADY IN PLACE BY 1859 AND WAS CALLED SOLFERINO. I'LL QUOTE FROM http://www.realcolorwheel.com/final.htm "1856, Perkins discovered aniline colors, from coal tar. Because coal-tar colors have no body, they must be lakes or precipitated on clay or barite, or mineral colors. COLOR, Perkins Mauve, later called Alizarin Madder Lake or Alizarin Crimson.."
yellow, and cyan as subtractive primaries.
THIS LINK "SUBTRACTIVE PRIMARIES" HAS THIS MISINFORMATION"
Mixing yellow and cyan produces green colors; mixing yellow with magenta produces reds, and mixing magenta with cyan produces blues. In theory, mixing equal amounts of all three pigments should produce grey, resulting in black when all three are applied in sufficient density, but in practice they tend to produce muddy brown colors."
THE REASON BROWN IS PRINTED INSTEAD OF BLACK IS THE YELLOW INK THEY ARE USING IN PRINTERS AND PLOTTERS IS OPAQUE YELLOW, I MADE A TRANSPARENT YELLOW INK FOR MY PLOTTER AND PROVED THIS.
For this reason, and to save ink and decrease drying times, a fourth pigment, black, is often used in addition to cyan, magenta, and yellow.

In the Munsell color system, magenta is called red-purple. In the CMYK color model used in printing, it is one of the primary colors of ink. In the RGB color model, the secondary color created by mixing the red and blue primaries is called magenta or fuchsia, though this color differs in hue from printer’s magenta.
THE REASON IT IS DIFFERS IS BECAUSE IT CAN'T BE MIXED AND SHOULDN'T BE CALLED CALLED MAGENTA OR FUCHSIA. THE MUNSELL COLOR SYSTEM IS WRONG AND PUTTING LIPSTICK ON THE PIG WON'T MAKE IT RIGHT.

Color scientists and psychologists often use additive primaries, such as red, green, and blue, and often refer to their arrangement around a circle as a color circle, as opposed to a color wheel.[2]

The arrangement of colors around the color circle is often considered to be in correspondence with the wavelengths of light, as opposed to hues, in accord with the original color circle of Isaac Newton. Modern color circles include the purples, however, between red and violet.[3]

THEY ARE VERY WRONG HERE TOO, PURPLE IS BETWEEN MAGENTA AND BLUE, MAGENTA IS THE ONLY COLOR BETWEEN RED AND VIOLET AND IT MAKES BOTH COLORS. THE BIGGEST PROBLEM WIKI HAS IS TRYING TO MATCH LIGHT, PIGMENTS AND PRINTING, THEY CAN'T DO IT WITH THE RED, YELLOW AND BLUE COLOR WHEEL THAT THE ASTM BASES THEIR COLORS ON. THIS WHOLE THINKING MODE IS GOING TO COME CRASHING DOWN SOME DAY SOON.

Intermediate and interior points of color wheels and circles represent color mixtures. In a paint or subtractive color wheel, the center is usually (but not always[4]) black, representing all colors of light being absorbed; in a color circle, on the other hand, the center is white or gray, indicating a mixture of different wavelengths of light (all wavelengths, or two complementary colors, for example).
TALK ABOUT MUMBO-JUMBO, BLACK IS ALWAYS THE RESULT OF TWO COMPLEMENTS IN SUBTRACTIVE COLORS, WHITE IS ALWAYS THE RESULT IN ADDITIVE COLORS.

Some sources use the terms color wheel and color circle interchangeably,[5][6] though the one term or the other may be more prevalent in certain fields or certain versions as mentioned above. Some reserve the term color wheel for mechanical rotating devices, such as color tops or filter wheels. Others classify various color wheels as color disc, color chart, and color scale varieties.[7]

THIS IS ONLY THE FIRST PARAGRAPH! AND IT GOES ON AND ON..

SO YOU SEE CHRISTY, MAKING SMALL CHANGES TO WIKI PAGE IS FRUITLESS, THEIR WORDS ARE WRONG, THE SYSTEMS THEY QUOTE ARE WRONG. I WOULD HAVE TO DELEAT THEIR PAGES AND START OVER.

Thanks for the thought though,
Don

IP Logged