Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Goto- All About Color, Real Color Wheel in a new window

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)    
Reflection in glass tricolour (Read 3805 times)
Reply #7 - Nov 3rd, 2013 at 7:04am

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Color is Everything!
Makawao,  Maui, USA, HI

Hi Sylvia, The w/c palettes with the 3 wells of different concentrations of PY100 are finished and very dry, they should last you a long time. It's been a long time, I don't remember if I have your address. Send me a internal PM or email with your address and I'll send it to you.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Nov 3rd, 2013 at 3:17am

SylviaW   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Hello Artist

Hi Don
Love both the pineapples , particularly the leaves on the top one.

I am back in US now so have time to catch up with your amazing web- site and do some painting

Best wishes
Sylvia

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Jul 20th, 2013 at 3:26am

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Color is Everything!
Makawao,  Maui, USA, HI

Hi Sylvia,

I painted two w/c's of pineapples, they were really tricky, a double helix. I'll post them now since I'm in the w/c Topic/Board but I wanted to say hi. The bottom one looks like it's floating, I corrected that but haven't shot a picture of it yet.

I made 6 w/c tartrazine palettes, let me know when I can send you one. The top 3 wells are tartrazine, dark, medium and light. Naturally they all lighten to the same bright yellow color. I haven't shot the palettes yet either, they are dry, two weeks under my refrigerator. Later, Don

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 7:52pm

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Color is Everything!
Makawao,  Maui, USA, HI

It took me 10 days, 2 hours a day to do a 16x20 acrylic this month. Every 9am I was set up. 11am the rains came. The last day it rained at 10am but I had all my colors and didn't have to add any new ones.
http://www.realcolorwheel.com/Jacaranda2013MakawaoSchoolCrossing.htm

That's good for one session, rain happens.
I did a rainbow once and had to run for cover bent over. One drop hit it and it wasn't dry yet. Loved it.

What size was your paper? Size doesn't really matter, bigger support, bigger brushes.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 10:45am

SylviaW   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Hello Artist

OK Don. Time : between 10 am and 12 on 18th June 2013 .
I had to go indoors  to use drier  as humidity was 80% or more  outdoors , then it poured down Florida style, flash flood,  so that put an end to plein air for that session
Paper : 140 Arches

The darkened glass on the vehicle made the reflection's colours really bright while the  sun was out

Back in UK now and sky is grey with patches of light blue occasionally

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 9:05am

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Color is Everything!
Makawao,  Maui, USA, HI

Nice going Sylvia. Your upload looks good. Your perspective looks good. Your choice of subject matter is great.
You can go back and change words, add or delete posts. I set the forum up so you can do anything you want.
Tell me about the picture.
Paper, time of day, working time..

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 8:51am

SylviaW   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Hello Artist

No attachment - will try again

IP Logged

Jun 23rd, 2013 at 8:45am

SylviaW   Offline
YaBB Newbies